This app helped me to keep track of the foods that my baby ate. It was an amazing way for me to know how much milk and food my baby should have at each stage of the weaning process. I loved that I was easily able to see which foods to avoid that may cause allergies and gas.— First Time Mother
Great, innovative idea for mothers. I would happily recommend this to parents looking for guidance on how to transition their babies onto solid foods.— Family Doctor
This is exactly what I need and what I am looking for. It is a perfect way for me to know what to do and to keep track of what my baby is eating when I started weaning my baby onto solids. I am so happy that WeanBaby will be available for me to use when I am at that stage.— Expectant Mother
Overview of WeanBaby
- The WeanBaby app is a comprehensive guide on how to transition babies onto solids.
- WeanBaby provides a one-stop shop for parents on how to introduce solids to their babies.
- WeanBaby provides information and guidance from the time your baby is ready to be weaned (minimum 4 months old but recommended 6 months old) until your baby is 1 year old.
- WeanBaby generates daily schedules detailing exactly what food and what times to feed your baby both milk and solids.
- WeanBaby provides a means of tracking what your baby has eaten by allowing you to record information at every feed.
- WeanBaby provides information across a variety of subject matter related to introducing food to your baby up until your baby is 1 year old.
Benefits of WeanBaby
The WeanBaby app is the EXPERT so you don’t have to be.
WeanBaby takes all the guesswork out of the weaning process and gives parents the information they need, when they need it.
The aim of WeanBaby is to make the process of transitioning babies onto solids easy and simple to follow.
It details important information such as (but not limited to)
- What foods to introduce at each stage
- Daily milk and food requirements
- How to prepare and store baby food
- Texture of solids to be given at each stage
Guidelines for Using WeanBaby
- The recommended age to wean babies onto solids is 6 months old.
- Consult your Pediatrician before weaning your Baby onto Solids especially prior to 6 months old.
- Introduce a new food to your Baby for 3 consecutive days and monitor how your Baby reacts to each new food.
- Never give Honey, Egg Whites, Strawberry, Shellfish, Nuts and Soy to infants under 12 months.
Benefits of Parent-Led Weaning
- By feeding your baby pureés, you know how much food they are eating.
- You know exactly what is in the pureé and can ensure that your baby has a balanced diet.
- Spoon fooding whilst messy still ensures most of the food actually gets into your baby’s mouth.
- By offering foods that are prepared at the appropriate consistency for each stage of the weaning process (pureed to start), there is less risk of your baby choking.
- By planning the foods offered to your baby and following the rule of introducing a new food for 3 consecutive days, you are better able to monitor your baby’s reaction to each food and pinpoint the cause of any allergic reactions.